Friday, November 22, 2013

50 Years ago President John F. Kennedy was assassinated and his Legacy
continues to live through me-Tawana Williams; what a Blessing!

This in Remembrance of President John F. Kennedy for the great Blessings that he bestowed upon my life 50 years ago...In my Best Selling Book "Unarmed But Dangerous" my mother tells our story about how President John F. Kennedy intervened in my life in 1963...The Legacy continues!

With the help of her mother, Tawana’s grandmother, this young mother learned how to care for her child and coped as best as she could. After many attempts to receive assistance from the Department of Human Services, in desperation she sat down and wrote a letter to then-President of the United States, John F. Kennedy. What happened as a result of that letter amazed the young mother.

President Kennedy’s office wrote instructing her where to go for help for her challenged child. They also contacted the same Human Services office that had refused to assist her. That letter changed the course of my life...After that and because of the President's courageous act of kindness and intervention Tawana, at eleven months old, was taken to the Cerebral Palsy Hospital at Duke Hospital in Durham, North Carolina to be trained to use her feet as hands.... At the time, no other Black children were there because this was a White institution. What a Blessing you've been in my life! That's why I am "Unarmed But Dangerous"-The Movement, The Message, The Movie...www.TawanaWilliams.com

No comments: